PAE, Inc Communications & Lab Services Technician I in Bahamas, Bahamas, The
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Communications & Lab Services Technician I
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission is to provide Naval Warfare Centers, the Fleet, and other customers with accurate undersea, surface, and in-air three-dimensional tracking data and other unique Atlantic test facilities. In support of Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), and Fleet readiness assessment and training. AUTEC is a Major Range and Test Facility Base (MRTFB) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport's largest single team project, providing both deep and shallow water test and training environments.
Responsible for operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, testing and the installation of a variety of telecommunications & telemetry systems installed throughout the AUTEC project and at CONUS sites as required.
Principal Responsibilities of the Classification:
· Install structured cable systems in an inside plant and outside plant environment.
· Install and maintain cable and antenna systems (Low voltage and RF).
· Provide single channel radio services
· As a team member, assist in the establishment of telecommunications systems in support of base operations and tests.
· If assigned to the Technical Services Branch, install and verify operation of RF transport telemetry devices aboard U.S. Navy vessels and aircraft.
· If assigned to the Communications Branch, perform basic administrative actions and maintenance of a campus level Public Branch Exchange (PBX) and radio-to-wire intercom system.
· If assigned to the Communications Branch, perform installation of Telephones and CATV drops, installation and maintenance of inside and outside plant cable systems.
· Able to perform and maintain shipboard communications installations.
· Perform on-call duties as required or scheduled.
· Utilize antenna testers, Watt Meters, VOMs, pulse generators, Communications Test Sets, dynamic signal analyzers and other various test equipment
· Associates degree in telecommunications, information systems, or an electronics subject area. Or, military equivalent training in a closely related field. Or, the equivalent in additional experience on a two-year experience for one year education exchange basis
· Minimum of two years related experience working in a telecommunications technology environment with extensive training and hands-on experience in a telecommunications specialty field, e,g. Land Mobile Radio (LMR), satellite communications, circuits, Wide Area Network (WAN) circuits, telemetry and SCADA, telephony (POTS and VOIP, inside plant operations, outside plant operations).
· Must be able to work aboard ships at sea to install and de-install telemetry, packet radio and other RF dependent equipment
· Able to lift and carry up to 45 pounds of equipment. Reach above the shoulders and climb using legs and arms to perform tasks
· Ability to distinguish basic colors codes for communications cables.
· Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Proficient with test equipment for thorough analysis of equipment and sub-systems.
· PC literate to maintain data bases creates spreadsheets and word processing skills required.
· Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities
· Valid Driver’s License and passport required.
· Must meet eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain the required government security clearance.
· Thorough understanding of wire and cable installation standards and common telecommunication related protocols desired.
· Ability to make and install various cables (Network, Data Communication, RF) desired.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.