COCC PT Instructor of Aviation in Bend, Oregon
Posting Number: 06001286
Position Title: PT Instructor of Aviation
Posting Date: 03/15/2018
Closing Date: 06/30/2018
Open Until Filled (notes):
Length of Position: Contracts are on a term-by-term basis
Anticipated Start Date:
Position Type: Part-Time Instructor
Salary Level: Part Time Instructor
Starting Minimum Pay: $559 per load unit (1 LU = 1 class credit)
Starting Maximum Pay: $559 per load unit (1 LU = 1 class credit)
Hours per Week: depending on class schedule
Work Schedule: depending on class schedule
Days of the Week: Mon-Fri typically
To provide instruction in Aviation. Part-time instructors direct student discussion and evaluate student performance in the classroom.
Terms of Employment
• Part-time Faculty, < .5 FTE. This is a part-time position, hired on a term-by-term basis. Hours of work may include evening or weekend teaching assignments. • Step 1, $559 per load unit. • Not represented by the Faculty Forum Collective Bargaining Agreement. • Initial assignment will be at the Bend Campus. • Official transcripts are required upon hire. Applicants anticipating Degree completion must supply a letter from his/her university stating the degree title and that the degree will be granted by that date. • Upon hire, must pass criminal background check and/or driving history; only information relevant to the position will be considered. • May include travel throughout the College district
Provide instruction in aviation subjects. This includes lecturing and guiding in classroom activities, providing individual conference time to guide and evaluate student progress. Teaching assignments may include courses taught during the day and/or evening.
Perform other essential duties and tasks specific, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
Thorough knowledge in the field of aviation.
Knowledge of teaching and instruction of various audiences and group dynamics.
Visual ability, corrected, to enable instructor to observe, direct, and supervise students in classroom situations.
Familiarity with and ability to operate or oversee the operation of audio-visual equipment, including overhead projectors, film, sound systems, video, television, interactive video and audio equipment including computer controlled mixed media presentations.
Ability to operate or oversee the operation of computers, and other written materials.
Ability to orally communicate effectively with others, using the English language, with or without the use of an interpreter.
Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language, with or without the use of auxiliary aids or services.
Ability to review, understand and apply concepts presented in training programs, conferences, and/or professional literature.
Ability to work with aviation faculty and other COCC staffs at all levels.
Willingness to teach at various hours and campus locations, as required.
Ability to work effectively and sensitively with constituents from diverse cultural backgrounds and perspectives.
Physical Demands and Other Ergonomic Requirements:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The ability to work in classroom and office environments using computers, white boards, projectors, and other basic office equipment. All individuals are required to be able to perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
The goal of Central Oregon Community College is to provide an atmosphere that encourages our faculty, staff and students to realize their full potential. In support of this goal, it is the policy of Central Oregon Community College that there will be no discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, disability, sex, marital status, national origin, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status or any other classes protected under Federal and State statues in any education program, activities or employment. Persons having questions about equal opportunity and nondiscrimination should contact the Equal Employment Officer, c/o COCC’s Human Resources office, 541.383.7216.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Current FAA certified flight instructor certificate (CFI) required.
- Evidence of excellence, or promise of excellence, in instruction.
- Computer Literacy: Training in, or experience with, email, internet, word processing, and presentation applications.
- Completion of criminal history check is required for all COCC positions.
- Master’s degree in Aviation.
- FAA Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) with instrument (CFII) and multiengine (MEI) ratings preferred.
- Current FAA medical certificate preferred.
- 100 hours of flight and/or simulator time within the past 12 months preferred.
- Current FAA flight review preferred.
- Bilingual applicants encouraged to apply.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Part-time instructor pools are posted for the academic year to obtain applications from those interested in teaching part-time as a non-benefited instructor, on a term-by-term basis. Positions may not necessarily be available at the time you apply. Your online application will remain active for consideration throughout the length of the posting unless you are notified otherwise.
COCC is not able to support work Visa’s for this position. Candidates must be able to work in the United States at time of employment.
Note that you will be required to upload/create the required documents indicated in this posting at the time you apply. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to upload all required documents, including transcript(s). If you have questions please contact HR at 541-383-7216.
If you have letters of recommendation that are being sent directly to HR, please upload a Word document or PDF stating these documents are being sent to HR. This will act as a placeholder for your required documents and allow you to continue your application process and submit.
Is a Criminal History Check required? Yes
Is a Credit History Check Required? No
Open Until Filled No