American Tower Senior Financial Analyst, International in Boston, Massachusetts
The Senior Financial Analyst—International is part of a Financial Planning team that supports growing international operations in Latin America (“LatAm”) and in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (“EMEA”). The Senior Financial Analyst—International will be responsible for a variety of functions, including but not limited to budgeting and forecasting, ad hoc analyses, and report drafting and coordination for the Company’s EMEA and LatAm teams, and will also handle all reporting tools and projects in the area to align with the needs of the Director, Financial Planning & Reporting International in terms of global reporting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
• Coordinate and assist with the annual budget and periodic forecasts for LatAm and EMEA operations.
• Support the development of long-range forecasts for LatAm and EMEA operations.
• Conduct analyses and create financial models, primarily on an ad hoc basis, for the financial planning group, international unit business leaders, and senior management.
• Coordinate reporting packages and draft additional management reports to enhance business intelligence and provide thoughtful analysis information to help drive management decisions.
• Monitor financial reporting metrics, including performance tracking of the Company’s overall businesses, as well as variance and trend analyses.
• Drive productivity enhancements by leveraging the Company’s enterprise planning systems, promoting standardization of deliverables, and making recommendations for process improvements.
• Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with LatAm and EMEA peers and business leaders.
• Achieve expertise in and a high degree of knowledge of all the Company’s financial planning tools.
• Maintain and oversee Financial Planning & Analysis (“FP&A”) tools, including but not limited to TM1, InSite, and Oracle Data Visualization Tool.
• Be part of the Global Reporting Project, partnering with the IT, Corporate FP&A, and Data Governance teams to achieve data integrity and standardization of reporting across the organization.
• In coordination with the Director, Financial Planning & Reporting International, develop strategies and analyses over the Company’s current financial planning tools and propose needed improvements.
• Keep the LatAm and EMEA markets up-to-date with financial planning tools trainings. Provide and schedule needed training.
• Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Strong financial skill set with an understanding of GAAP and working knowledge of income statements, balance sheets, and statements of cash flows.
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong Excel and other Microsoft Office software skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of the organization.
• Creative and analytical thinker.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated; able to work on a team and independently.
• Written and verbal French or Spanish skills are highly desirable.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics and at least three (3) years of experience in either corporate finance or financial analysis required.
• Experience working in a team environment required.
• Experience working and coordinating with others in different geographic locations strongly preferred.
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Minimal travel (<10%) will be required in support of the position s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
Title: Senior Financial Analyst, International
Requisition ID: 180000DH
American Tower (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
To ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process can contact us at (617) 587-7911 for assistance.