MEDCOM Physician Assistant (Ortho) in COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado
This position is located in the Department of Surgery, Orthopedic Service at Evans Army Community Hospital. Serves as a direct specialty health care provider in the capacity of a credentialed Physician Assistant; providing specialty care services to patients ranging from the ages of one year of age through geriatric.
Ft. Carson combines scenic beauty, pleasant residential areas, and cultural activities to satisfy every taste. It is an unusually well-rounded military community which offers a variety of recreational and cultural opportunities. World-class ski resorts are available within a short 2 1/2 hour drive, golf courses and biking trails are available on the installation as well as in the surrounding community. Numerous colleges and universities are available for continuing education.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
Recruitment or Relocation bonus May be authorized.
Take histories, conducts physical exams, orders diagnostic tests, interprets and integrates test results and findings, and formulates diagnoses and treatment plans.
Provide the full range of assessment of needs, planning for care, teaching, and performance of routine and emergency procedures.
Discriminate between normal and abnormal findings to recognize early stages of serious physical, emotional, or mental problems.
Monitor adherence to medical and specialty care practices and procedures to stabilize chronically ill patients and adjusts regimens within established protocols recognizing when to refer the patient to the physician or other primary care members.
Provide a full range of emergency services or crisis intervention in the absence of the physician, including life saving emergency procedures in order to stabilize a patient within the scope of practice and approved protocols.
Occasional travel - Up to 5% business travel may be required.
Experience: A minimum of one full year of work experience as a certified physician assistant which includes experience performing professional healthcare work to provide patients with diagnostic, preventive, and therapeutic medical and/or surgical care and services under the supervision of a physician.
• You must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for this position and provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
• If selected, official college or university transcript must be submitted.
• Must provide documents for credentialing for health care positions.
• Must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico or a territory of the U.S.
• All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification. Current Advanced Life Support of other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
Salary Range: 74,151 - 106,010
Recruitment Bonus: Negotiable
External Company Name: Marketing & Advertising Business Unlimited, Inc
External Company URL: http://www.civilianmedicaljobs.com/