Rose International INC Project Manager in Des Moines, Iowa
Position Title: Project Manager
Position Number: 292407
Location: Des Moines, IA
Desired Skill Set:
Agile, PMP, Project Management
C2C and STEM-OPT are not available
Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.
Start Date: 08/06/2018
End Date: 06/30/2018
Location: Des Moines, IA 50315
This position is responsible for managing several projects ranging up to $60M in size aimed at replacing legacy systems and integrating with other complex systems. Responsibilities include initiation, planning, execution, monitor/control, and close-out of programs, customer interface, customer review meetings, proposal development, and subcontract management.
Ability to manage multiple swim lanes across IT and Business to align the delivery of a complex IT systems with business processes and federal compliance requirements.
The PM will be part of a PMO team responsible for all aspects of IT project governance, assessment, management and control. The ability to gather and define requirements; build a project plan; identifying resource needs; and transparent, clear communications across all levels of stakeholders.
The PM will need to be sure the project stays on track with the timeline, deliverables and within the defined budget.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Ability to work effectively under very broad direction with general supervision
• Ability to motivate team and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
• Excellent organizational, presentation, interpersonal and team building skills
• Excellent time management and project planning/strategizing skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong leadership and excellent customer service skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated experience with managing client expectations, implementing service improvement initiatives
• Provide end-to-end project management for complex IT projects and/or programs which include requirements gathering, analysis, design, planning, development, implementation and testing of technology solutions to ensure project requirements have been met and to ensure conformance to federal required or agency development standards and methodology.
• Work with business sponsors and partners in designing, defining, planning and implementing technology solutions to meet business needs and specifications.
• Ensure organizational needs for the development and implementation of technology solutions are documented, and apply experiences with existing software development processes to develop better processes for future use
• Coach and mentor PMO and project team staff.
• Track project progress, monitor and modify project schedules and provide status updates to project team. Escalate issues to management and/or appropriate leadership as appropriate.
• Provide insight and knowledge into improving processes related to portfolio, project and program management
• Other duties or tasks as assigned by management.
• Project Management Experience with at least 10 years of Technology related Project Management
• Demonstrated experience with managing client expectations, implementing service improvement initiatives and communicating effectively with senior managers
• Extensive experience with planning, managing and tracking multiple major technology impact projects
• Strong process development skills, with the ability to learn and understand technical concepts in order to interpret, document and formalize procedures
• In-depth experience with the development lifecycle and software development methodologies
• Demonstrated experience with working with business users to gather and document business requirements
• Strong process and gap analysis skills
• Excellent project management skills, with the ability to multitask and manage multiple tasks with changing priorities in a cross-functional environment
• Working experience with Agile projects
• PMP or PMI certification or other Project Manager certifications#CBRose#
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)