NBC Universal Principal Software Engineer, Development COE in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Job Number 44670BR
Job Title Principal Software Engineer, Development COE
Business Segment Operations & Technology
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Country United States
State New Jersey
City Englewood Cliffs
• Comfortable working with a variety of other languages and technologies, including but not limited to node.js and mobile native development
• Experience with true cloud development, including docker and container orchestration tools
• Experience with cloud hosting on AWS or similar public/private cloud providers.
• Competent working with service-based application architectures and familiar with various API protocols.
• Experience working in story and task-tracking tools for agile workflows.
• Experience setting up continuous integration and testing frameworks for development projects (IE Jenkins, Chef, Mocha.js, SonarQube, etc.)
• Competent working in secured internal network environments.
• Motivated and Self-Starting: able to think critically about problems, decipher user preferences versus hard requirements, and effectively use online and onsite resources to find an appropriate solution with little intervention.
• Passionate about writing clear, maintainable code that will be used and modified by others, and able to use and modify other developers’ work rather than recreate it
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #)
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be willing to provide support during non-business hours as needed
• B.S. degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field strongly preferred
• Experience with serverless technologies, preferably Lambda
• Experience with distributed messaging services, preferably Kafka and Kinesis
• Experience with caching services, preferably Redis and Elasticache
• Hands-on experience managing distributed systems and clusters
• Able to communicate effectively in a diverse team of varying skillsets and proficiencies. Able to lead and instruct, or take advice and direction when appropriate. Effective in-person, written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working in large, multifaceted and matrixed organizations
• Experience within media entertainment industry
• Collaborative team player accustomed to working within and across groups
• Organized and detail-oriented with ability to manage time effectively
• Ability to translate business process needs into clear technical requirements
• Ability to influence internal and external team members without direct reporting authority
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to relate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Strong character exhibiting company core values: Integrity, Creativity, Teamwork, Pioneering Spirit, Ownership
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.