NBC Universal Principal Software Engineer, Development COE in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Job Number 44670BR
Job Title Principal Software Engineer, Development COE
Business Segment Operations & Technology
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Country United States
State New Jersey
City Englewood Cliffs
• Competent working with service-based application architectures and familiar with various API protocols.
• Experience working in story and task-tracking tools for agile workflows.
• Experience setting up continuous integration and testing frameworks for development projects (IE Jenkins, Chef, Mocha.js, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to think critically about problems, decipher user preferences versus hard requirements, and effectively use online and onsite resources to find an appropriate solution with little intervention.
• Passionate about writing clear, maintainable code that will be used and modified by others, and able to use and modify other developers’ work rather than recreate it
• Bachelor’s degree required; Computer Science/Engineering or related field strongly preferred.
• Hands-on experience managing distributed systems and clusters
• Experience with Docker and container orchestration tools, cloudfoundry and serverless technologies, and distributed messaging services (preferably Kafka).
• Able to communicate effectively in a diverse team of varying skillsets and proficiencies, including the ability to relate complex information and business process needs to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Experience working in large, multifaceted and matrixed organizations (media entertainment industry preferred).
• Ability to influence internal and external team members without direct reporting authority
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.