University of Florida Veterinary Clinical Trials Assistant in Gainesville, Florida
Veterinary Clinical Trials Assistant
Apply nowJob no:509185
Work type:Staff Full-Time
Location:Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories:Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:28090000 - VM-SACS
Clinical Research Assistant
Together with the PI, coordinate all activities of assigned clinical trials in Oncology to assure validity of clinical research patient data and study findings, including responsibility for adherence to research protocols by everyone involved in conduct of the study.
• Transmits and distributes protocol information, including protocol amendments, to clinicians, technicians and other involved personnel. Serve as a source for protocol and clinical research information about the projects.
• Assists with samples collection, including blood and urine collection and animal restraint for sample collection.
• Communicates with clients and referring veterinarians regarding patient eligibility, patient care, and follow up.
• Basic nursing care and medication administration for clinical trials patients.
• Assists other personnel in verifying patient eligibility for Oncology studies by comparing patient history and clinical laboratory results with protocol requirements. Ensures that patients are registered in appropriate databases and that all relevant data points are captured.
• Assist the Clinical Trials Coordinator in creating and maintaining databases, spreadsheets and research charts.
• Regularly compiles and/or reviews research data to insure the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of data collected. Meets regularly with Clinical Trials Research Coordinator/PI to review data accuracy and overall study progress.
• Assist in preparing reports on individual patients or the study as required by the principal investigator.
• May review data from affiliate departments on an ongoing basis for completeness, timeliness and accuracy.
• Prepares for and participates in audits of studies, both by internal and external parties in conjunction with the principal investigator.
• Under the direction of the principal investigator, prepares new study requests and protocol/consent modifications to be sent to the IACUC and VHHRC.
• Assists with the annual protocol renewal requests and termination reports for the principal investigator.
• Scheduling of patient/research participants.
• Assist with study planning, budgeting and grant preparation. Schedules and coordinates meetings and facilities for research teams to facilitate clinical trial initiation, completion and/or results reporting. Composes research correspondence, memos, reports and minutes of research meetings
$15.00 - $17.00 hourly
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with research trials would be preferred but not essential.
Certified Veterinary Technician preferred, not required.
Computer skills using database programs e.g. Excel, Access, Word.
Organizational skils and the ability to get along with people would be essential.
Ability to work independently and proactively in a large, busy hospital setting.
Clinical experience in an academic hospital setting.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and list of three references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See ourVeteran's Preference Pagefor more specific information.
Health Assessment Required:Yes
Advertised:07 Nov 2018Eastern Standard Time
Applications close:27 Nov 2018Eastern Standard Time