Circor LLC Senior Program Manager in Hauppauge, New York
BUSINESS: Aerospace and Defense
LOCATION: Hauppauge, NY
DIRECT REPORTING: Director of Sales
The Project/Program Manager, is responsible for the day-to-day management and welfare of a product or a key customer in middle to mature stages of the product life cycle, including low-rate initial production, full-rate production, and long-term product viability and profitability. In this role, the project/program manager will allocate, deploy, monitor, and support the complete set of resources required to complete/deliver projects within defined scope, time, and cost parameters. New product development may be an added responsibility of the Project/Program Manager. If so, it is usually limited to product improvement or product line extension. Most often, the Project/Program Manager is responsible for formulating and implementing the business goals and strategies for the programs the position supports.
* Interface with customers with the goal of meeting and exceeding customer expectations and being able to respond to their requirements
* Organize and implement projects, including development of project plans meeting technical, schedule, and budget requirements
* Be the point of contact for customers and interact with customers to understand customer requirements, provide updates on product/program status, while working closely with sales account managers and other associates
* Work closely with operations and other support groups within cross functional departments to ensure that customer requirements are met
* Involved in collaborating with other company disciplines assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
* Oversees the program execution to ensure customer requirements are met, while maintaining/updating scope, schedule and costs. Gathers and interprets customer requirements and collabor ates across the extended enterprise to identify and acquire relevant assets/resources. Identifies risks and creates opportunities to manage the operational or market risks for a project or program.
* Monitors and stays abreast of customer changes that affect the activities and work processes of the program; makes recommendations for, develops and carries out improvements to the line to improve profitability.
* Represents the customers in meetings (Voice of customer) with other functional areas and responsible for customer satisfaction, maintaining communication, and the overall management of the customer relationship.
* Prioritizes and allocates available resources; reviews and evaluates product line requirements and hardware delivery.
* Performs administrative duties requiring oversight, attention to detail and analysis; aids in strategic planning and financial analysis, including assisting in the preparation of specialized products, budgets, staffing pro jections, and other operational needs.
* Negotiates, develops, monitors and administers a variety of contracts and agreements in partnership with other areas of the business.
* Develops systems and maintains records that provide for the proper evaluation, control and documentation of assigned activities; prepares a variety of written correspondence, reports, procedures, directives and other materials.
* Other duties as needed and assigned.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
* Strong project and or program management skills, including the ability to prioritize, balance, and manage multiple efforts.
* Solid analytical skills and solution-driven thinking.
* Ability to communicate effectively across mediums, audiences, and situations.
* Be available to customers when needed
* Ability to develop and give presentations for regular program reviews and key customer communications
* Knowledge of and experience working with customer and industry-specific requirements/standards across the product life cycle.
* Applied experience working with engineered mechanical valves, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, and other similar products within the aerospace industry
* Thorough knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project, and other applicable tools.
* Because the Program Manager does not have line authority over other functional areas, success in achieving sales, profitability, market sh are, and individual performance goals is largely driven by his/her product knowledge, business partnering skills, and overall ability to influence others.
* US Persons Only (US citizens, lawful permanent residents, refugee or asylee - all require proper identification and documentation).
* Approximately >10% travel required.
* Pre-Employment Verifications: Must pass background and reference checks and drug screen.
* We are an E-Verify participant.
Education & Experience
* Undergraduate degree in Business, Management, Sales and Marketing, Engineering or other related areas. MBA preferred.
* 7 years of progressive product, project and/or program management experience in Aerospace, Defense or related market space.
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities