KPMG Director, Metadata, Masterdata & Quality (MMQ) in Herndon, Virginia
Director, Metadata, Masterdata & Quality (MMQ)
Requisition #: 38014
Practice Area: Business Support Services
Location: Chicago, IL; Charlotte, NC; Alexandria, VA; Herndon, VA; McLean, VA; Richmond, VA
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Director, Metadata, Masterdata and Quality (MMQ) to join our Digital Business Transformation organization.
· Act as business owner for the metadata repository and portal including design, monitoring, and business effectiveness that combines third-party content, a Critical Data (CDE) business glossary, and APIs into one library that serves as a valuable tool kit for functional analysts as well as project and solution teams to drive innovation
· Be overall lead for Data Quality Program including common data quality reporting and issue management
· Be overall lead for the Master Data Management (MDM) Team including leadership of a dedicated team of MDM professionals to provide ownership of the MDM tool, configuration, and validation and cleansing processes, merging with 3rd party sources as required
· Chair, metadata and master data working groups aimed at establishing Metadata Standards, MDM handling rules, reference data re-plumbing, and integration strategy and plan across the firm
· Oversee Master and reference data management, and change control processes and related reporting
· A key leader involved in the evolution of the Firm’s data strategy
· Minimum ten years of experience and proven track record for managing and driving teams to desired outcomes on large scale data projects and programs
· Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university, Master's Degree is preferred
· Applied experience in Data and Technical Architecture, Cloud, Master and Reference Data as well as managing metadata
· Outstanding verbal/written communication, collaboration, presentation and negotiation skills to lead an environment driven by customer service and team work
· Ability to foster the development of high performance teams and set and execute strategic initiatives for team
· Maintain a flexible schedule due to travel and project deadlines
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Thecontains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG offers a range of medical insurance options to meet your needs as well as prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending accounts, and dependent day care flexible spending accounts.
Personal Time Off (PTO)
Up to 30 PTO Days per year (depending on job classification/level/years of service).
401(k) and Pension Plans
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
Health Care Flexible Spending Account
Mortgage Assistance Program
Hyatt Legal Plan
Benefits vary by employment status.