YMCA of Greater Houston Member/Customer Serv. Rep I Aldine YMCA at Wussow Park in Houston, Texas
The Aldine YMCA at Wussow Park location is seeking an energetic, detail-oriented and highly motivated individual for this part-time Member/Customer Service Representative position. The position is specifically for the 9am to 1pm shift, Monday through Friday and some weekends. The ideal candidate will deliver excellent service to all members, guests and program participants, respond to member and guest needs, promote memberships and programs and maintain cleanliness and organization of the lobby area. Will clearly articulate our commitment to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Greets and acknowledges all members; connects with members using Listen First techniques. Provides prompt and courteous service to current and prospective members and guests.
Creates an energetic and inspiring atmosphere.
Learns and uses our DAXKO system for processes, registrations and member engagement. Answers inquiries and provides information on YMCA membership and programs. Responds to and resolves members' concerns.
Promotes and incorporates the YMCA five core values, honesty, caring respect, responsibility and faith into all activities. Maintains accountability for job duties.
Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
1. Certifications required prior to first work shift: Child Abuse Prevention, Work Place Harassment & Bullying, Information Security & Awareness and Universal Precautions.Certifications required within 30 days of hire: ASHI CPR/AED, Basic First Aid and Emergency Oxygen.
2. Minimum age of 18 years old.
3. Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
4. Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
5. Previous customer service or related experience.
6. Basic knowledge of computers.
7. Bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk, run, stoop, kneel and lift.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability and/or veteran status.
Posting ID 86136844054
Job Category Member Services/Sales