The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. Manager, Data Management in Lake Oswego, Oregon
Greenbrier Management Services, LLC is seeking to fill the position of Manager, Data Management to help support our growing railcar fleet management division. The right candidate will lead a close knit team of data analysts, fleet coordinators and data entry personnel tasked with capturing a wide range of client railcar fleet data from various sources and integrating data into a complex relational SQL databases as well as other proprietary database systems in an accurate and timely manner. Large datasets are initially sourced from new clients during the onboarding process and then maintained thereafter via regularly scheduled update files. Additional layers of fleet data are also captured from other industry sources and maintained for use in downstream process. The right candidate will have experience working with complex database structures, managing large data sets, ensuring a high level of data accuracy during data entry and identifying and establishing necessary business rules to ensure data integrity. This role should also have a keen sense for identifying improvements to business processes. In order to be successful, this manager will need to be able to lead an experienced team through a period of transition and growth while maintaining a positive work environment.
- Lead a newly formed data team (currently 5 members) in day-to-day activities and longer term data projects
- Assume the role of working manager jumping in to assist the team in meeting deadlines as needed
- Manage the capture and upload of customer fleet data to fleet management databases, custom software applications, MS SharePoint, and ECM document management systems
- Manage ongoing maintenance and updates of existing data
- Ensure data accuracy and integrity across multiple database platforms
- Interpret data, analyze results and trends using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports to management and customers
- Develop, implement, and document standard processes for analyzing, stabilizing, and loading data across multiple database platforms
- Identify process improvement opportunities within the department for efficiency, accuracy, and increase timeliness in processing data load and updates
- Work with internal software development groups to implement system, data handling and interface improvements
- Interface with sales, customer experience teams (internal), and with client's operational and technical contacts (external) to ensure client's expectations are met
- Participate in regular client conference call as a main technical data contact
- Interface with other internal departments such as mechanical, carhire accounting, contract administration, regulatory services, and sales and marketing to ensure captured data meets requirements and business needs for reporting and analysis
- Timely ad hoc problem solving, data analysis and correction as needed
- Coordinate potential outsourcing of data keypunch entry as needed
- Manage employees' performance to ensure that staff meet or exceed productivity and quality goals while adhering to applicable internal and external policies, procedures, rules, and guidelines
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related business field.
- 5+ years of data management experience in a corporate environment.
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership position (Manager, Team Lead, Etc.).
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Power Bi etc.) and data ETL techniques in order to work effectively with internal IT groups in promoting improved reporting and data management.
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Access and MS Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data and make operational improvement decisions
- Outstanding customer service skills, with internal and external customers.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and personably with inside and outside parties is a must
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines in fast paced environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize large volume of email traffic
- Experience in Railroad Industry, transportation, or asset management a strong plus
- Experience in technical mechanical related data a plus
- MS Visio or other process mapping software experience
- MS One Note; MS Teams or other application for documenting process instruction
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
The Greenbrier Companies, Inc.
00100-Lake Oswego, OR