American Tower IT Project Manager in Marlborough, Massachusetts
The IT Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities andresources of the IT organization to ensure that goals or objectives of projectsare accomplished within prearranged time frames and within funding parameters. The incumbent will be responsible for managingsmall to medium-sized project teams that develop and carry out internal ITprojects for assigned business unit(s). The IT Project Manager facilitates theresource management process by tracking resource skills, committed effort, actualeffort, and administering the resource scheduling system.
- Review project proposals to determine time frame, fundinglimitations, staffing requirements, and allotment of available departmentalresources to various phases of project.
- Assist other project management personnel in creating timeblock and/or actual work plans for their assigned projects.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, andrequired tasks.
- Administer the resource management scheduling system
- Update portfolio-level project status summaries weekly forIT and business managers
- Utilize BI (Business Institute) tools to analyze resourcemetrics (actual and planned) and provide visibility of resource utilizationand/or availability to IT management
- Manage small to medium-sized internal systems/applicationdevelopment projects within assigned areas from inception to successfulimplementation:
- define project objectives, scope, and level of effort
- assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority toproject personnel
- establish work plan for each phase of project, and arrangefor recruitment or assignment of project personnel
- develop project strategies and plans, and identify themethods and tools required for the project
- review status reports prepared by project personnel andmodify schedules or plans as required
- prepare project status reports for management, business unitleaders, and IT management
- monitor progress against plan
- Communicate any project issues including timing, budget,resources, scope and more, to IT management and project sponsor.
- Collaborate closely with the Process Excellence team onenterprise projects.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team membersthroughout the project life cycle.
- Adhere to best project management practices andmethodologies such as PMI (Professional Management Institute) standards orsimilar.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong change management skills and ability to influencedecision makers
- Strong project management skills which include: experiencein organizing, planning, and executing small to medium-scale projects fromvision through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, andvendors
- Proficiency in project management tools such as MS Project
- Ability to analyze project needs and determine resourcesneeded to meet objectives
- Conceptual knowledge of information technologies andmethodologies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (or Management), ComputerScience, Engineering, Accounting or related discipline, or equivalent workexperience is required.
- Prior experience with MS Project Server or comparableresource scheduling tool is preferred
- At least 5 - 7 years of experience in a project-orientedenvironment is required (within an IT environment, strongly preferred).
- At least 5 years of experience with Oracle
- International experience preferred
Job: Proj Mgr IT
Title: IT Project Manager
Requisition ID: 180000AD