L3 Technologies Industrial Engineering Intern in Muskegon, Michigan
Industrial Engineering Intern
Industrial Engineering Intern
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. The Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
L3 Combat Propulsion Systems (CPS) in Muskegon, MI is a recognized market leader in the engineering, design and manufacture of engines, transmissions, suspension and turret drive systems for combat vehicles, including both tracked and wheeled vehicles. It is also a production center for Abrams tank components and supports both domestic and international vehicle customers, including programs for Singapore and South Korea.
As the 2019 Summer Industrial Engineering Intern you will demonstrate success by:
- Performing Industrial Engineering time studies and other activities
- Supporting production by resolving process, producibility and quality problems using Lean Sigma techniques
- Assisting in capacity analysis, manpower calculations, production performance tracking, process improvements
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
Please note that preference will be given to local candidates.
- Candidate enrolled in 4-year degree program in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering, with a 2.7 GPA or above.
- Must be able to move freely, with or without reasonable accommodation, throughout a manufacturing environment.
- Must be familiar with, and able to utilize all Microsoft Office Applications with good written and verbal communication skills required
- Must have some knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing techniques.
- Must have ability to successfully prioritize, and organize projects, deadlines, and tasks in both team and independent environments
- Must have ability to work with and communicate effectively with all levels of operations
- Must implement continuous improvement initiatives to help ensure the safety, quality, and cost of products
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Desire to work in a CNC machine and production assembly shop ,and learn the following:
- Process Planning Software
- Willing to learn Bill of Material structures
- Willing to learn ERP
- Work within a union environment
- Labor quoting process
- Layout Design
- Identify cost-reduction or process-improvement opportunities
- Some knowledge of machining processes, tooling, equipment and CNC technology.
- Understanding of Lean, Six Sigma and SPC methods.
- Experience/knowledge of Industrial Engineering simulation software.
- Knowledge in reading machining and assembly prints and correlate them with the Bill of Material and processes.
- Use of CAD to draw floor plans and plant layouts.
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Job Engineering Support
Primary Location USA-Michigan-Muskegon
US Security Clearance Required: None
Shift: Day - 1st
Organization: Division - Combat Propulsion-20000062
Job Level: Entry Level
Job Posting: Nov 9, 2018, 1:26:14 PM
Req ID: 102619