Serco TMC Operator I - Austin, TX NC52572981 in N/a, Texas
TMC Operator I - Austin, TX NC52572981 N/a, TX, US
Job Description TMC Operators are responsible for the monitoring of the roadways including detecting, confirming, updating and responding to scheduled and unscheduled traffic incidents in the geographical coverage area. TMC Operators are also responsible for using radio, telephone, and e-mail to communicate with TxDOT personnel state wide, including maintenance and construction personnel, ITS software technicians, TxDOT management, Department of Public Safety, and Federal Highway Administration as appropriate, regarding incidents, traffic, road, maintenance and construction activity, and related weather conditions. The Operator positions are the highest profile positions in the TMC as they are the eyes and ears of detection and management of all activities being handled by the TMC.
The TMC Operator position is the entry level position for TMC Operations. Operators must successfully complete the initial training program under the supervision of, and monitored by, the Training Supervisor and Operations Manager. They must then continue to perform acceptably as they acquire additional knowledge and skills through “on-the-job” training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to gain a working knowledge of the Lonestar Software, use of Windows-based applications, related systems, and use ITS software to control and monitor field devices such as CCTV cameras, DMS, traffic detectors, and any other technology related to devices that may be implemented as part of the ITS infrastructure.
• Ability to monitor video images for the detection and verification of crashes, debris, abandoned or disabled vehicles, and hazardous or non-hazardous spills.
• Ability to use ITS software to log potential and confirmed incidents, construction and maintenance closures.
• Ability to dispatch and communicate with Highway Emergency Response Operator (HERO) personnel via radio or telephone using standard protocol to the locations of road hazards and crashes, providing clear directions to the location and an accurate description of an incident as advised by citizens, public safety entities, or department personnel.
• Ability to provide information or assistance to motorists, TxDOT personnel, or other agencies on traffic and road conditions; direct calls to appropriate personnel in traffic operations or take action as necessary.
• Ability to use English language writing skills necessary to perform clear and concise record keeping, logging of required information, equipment checks, data gathering, and updating of manuals and contact lists that include all pertinent information without spelling or grammatical errors.
• Ability to clearly communicate technical information in layman’s terms.
• Be prepared to work additional hours or shifts in support of special events such as, but not limited to, Presidential visits, political rally’s, parades, Austin Triathlon, Marathon and Half Marathon (Feb), South by Southwest (Mar), Rodeo Austin (Mar), Austin Film Festival (May/Jun), Republic of Texas (ROT) Biker Rally (Jun), University of Texas home football games (Fall), Formula One races, and Austin City Limits (Sep/Oct).
• Ability and willingness to work alternate work, shift schedules, and be on-call 24 hours/day.
• Be fluent in English with the ability to receive, give and understand written and oral instructions. Note: Fluent Spanish with the ability to receive, give, and understand written and oral instructions is a preferred additional skill.
• Knowledge of communications and disseminating information via multiple communications devices.
• Perform all duties with the highest level of customer service.
Responsible for monitoring systems and dispatching appropriate resources to detected and/or reported incidents; including coordination of safety personnel and location assistance to first responders. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Works under general supervision.
Required Skills Requires a High School diploma and 0-1 year’s of relevant experience.
Employment Type Full time
Job ID 52572981
Company Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. federal civilian agencies, the intelligence community, the Government of Canada, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco has approximately 6,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset, and our success directly relates to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco's people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. We trust our people to deliver. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional Area Operations & Maintenance
Department Serco’s Transportation & Infrastructure business unit has five main business streams - aviation services, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), fleet services, parking services, and infrastructure software integration, with over 1000 personnel providing these services in the federal, state and local markets. Serco operates some of the most advanced transportation systems in the world by combining proven technologies and efficient operations with an unparalleled focus on service excellence.
- -->Serco is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is availableand the supplemental poster is. If you need more information or require special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Serco HR Service Desk at 866-997-3726 or 703-263-6000. You may also e-mail us at.© 2017 Serco Inc.All Rights Reserved.12930 Worldgate Drive, Herndon VA 20170.1-866-99-SERCO;(1-866-997-3726).703-263-6000