Stephen F. Austin State University Program Director - Academic Assistance Resource Center in Nacogdoches, Texas
Program Director - Academic Assistance Resource Center
Bookmark this Posting | Print Preview | Apply for this Job
Please see Special Instructions for more details. NOTE: The application process is entirely online. All supplemental materials such as your transcript(s), list of references, curriculum vitae and/or resumes should be uploaded as PDF files. Upload copies of official transcripts for the departmental initial review. Please do NOT mail copies of your transcript(s) to the department during the application process.
Job Title Program Director - Academic Assistance Resource Center
Full Time/Part Time Full Time
General Job Description
This is a professional position responsible for coordinating academic assistance programs including training, supervising and overseeing tutors, walk-in table procedures and Supplemental Instructor (SI) Group procedures. Responsible for tracking and observing providing feedback to tutors and creating and supervising other specific projects, as assigned. Works under general supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Reports to the AARC Director.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates academic assistance programs for assigned AARC program area(s).
- Trains and supervises tutors.
- Hires, schedules and provides feedback and assessment to tutors.
- Communicates with professors in correspondence with program outcomes and objectives.
- Administers assigned program budget(s).
- Markets and promotes program and departmental services and goals.
- Develops, conducts and implements special programs applicable to AARC program(s).
- Develops content, layout and objectives of student workshops.
- Designs and implements programs in the area of responsibility.
- Generates data and assessment reports based on surveys and statistical analysis from assigned program(s).
- Develops content for online services, including but not limited to the department’s web page.
Non-Essential Job Functions
- Participates in speaking engagements, off-site marketing venues, conferences for professional development and intervention for early alert program referrals, as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, university policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, different practices and theories of teaching and pedagogy in the classroom.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, different types of learning strategies and time management skills to assist with student development.
- Knowledge of student development theory, techniques and research associate with ensuring the success of diverse student populations.
- Skill in using computer applications including spreadsheet, database, presentation and word processing software.
- Ability to establish and maintain a good rapport with university faculty and staff, students and the general public.
- Ability to continuously research assigned program area(s) to advance current practices and procedures of the department.
- Ability to support learning and retention strategies of the department and university.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to work collaboratively and building strategic relations with colleagues, coworkers, constituents and volunteers.
- Ability to provide support for student development with a demonstrable concern for students.
- Ability to engage students and to create and enhance their connection to the institution and each other.
Master’s degree in a related field is required.
Required Experience and Training
One year of teaching, tutoring training and/or related experience is required.
Experience in higher-education teaching and learning
Special Conditions for Eligibility
This is a security-sensitive position subject to criminal record check. This is an IT-sensitive position subject to the Computer and Network Security policy.
Min Pay Rate
Mid Pay Rate
Salary Information Hiring Salary - 46,800
Specific Job Requirements/Duties for this Posting
This program director will be responsible for all tutoring services associated with the MATH and COMPUTER SCIENCE courses for which we tutor. Therefore, one or both of the candidate’s degrees should emphasize math and/or computer science.
Is Background Check Required? Yes
Benefit and Retirement Eligibility
This position is eligible for participation in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) retirement plan, subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
Stephen F. Austin State University, an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and Educator, is committed to excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, creed, color, age, national origin, religion or physical or mental disability as required by law. If, because of an impairment or disability, you need accommodation during any part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources at 936-468-2304.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number S2018-158
Candidates Eligible to Apply Open to all qualified applicants
Number of Positions Available 1
Posted Date 05/29/2018
Review Start Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
NOTE: The application process is entirely online. All supplemental materials such as your transcript(s), list of references, curriculum vitae and/or resumes should be uploaded as PDF files. Upload copies of official transcripts for the departmental initial review. Please do NOT mail copies of your transcript(s) to the department during the application process.
Posting Quick Link http://careers.sfasu.edu/postings/3029
Contact Name M.E. McWilliams
Contact Phone (936 )585-3928
Contact Email email@example.com
Contact Information Applicants will be contacted by the hiring department if selected for an interview If you have specific questions about this job posting, please contact HR at (936) 468-2304.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
What is the highest level of education attained?
High School Diploma
Which of the following best represents the number of years experience you possess relating directly to the job to which you are applying?
Less than one
One to two
Three to four
Five to six
Seven to eight
Nine or more
Documents Needed To Apply
Letter of Recommendation
List of References