Penn Medicine Consultant, SDS/Finance in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Job ID :73605
Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Specialty Area: Accounting/Finance
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: Full-Time, On-site
Penn Medicine Entity: Corporate Services
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Address: 1500 Market Street
Education Required: Per Position Description
Experience Required: Per Position Description
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
The Consultant, Strategic Decision Support/Finance provides analytic and administrative support to Penn Medicine leaders on administrative, business, and clinical projects within the Consultant's assigned domain of responsibility. Domains of responsibility are determined by reporting relationship. Examples include CEQI/Clinical or SDS/Market & Financial. Analytical support will occasionally cross domain boundaries, and in these situations the Consultant will be expected to work with their team leadership to liaise with internal experts to address or hand off projects, as appropriate.
The Consultant will interact directly with Penn Medicine leaders on issues of broad importance. As such, s/he must be able to structure, execute, and communicate complex analysis for a demanding and highly capable audience.
• Oversee project work on projects or stakeholder support as assigned, including:
? Manage projects with limited oversight and works with department leadership in resolving project challenges.
? Track requests and work with team leadership to triage and prioritize work.
? Serve as a primary point of contact and team representative to the relevant client group.
? Work with stakeholders to identify potential issues or opportunities and develop data-driven work plans to address them.
? Execute analysis and/or oversee analysis consistent with the work plan.
? Work with team leadership to vet analysis and ensure analysis quality.
? Coordinate with team leadership and others, as assigned, to ensure analytics are aligned with team and system imperatives.
? Work with team leadership to build consensus around key actions arising from their analysis.
? Provide active and visible leadership on assigned initiatives.
• Act as a leader within their team, possibly including management and mentoring of less experienced analysts.
• Support maintenance and improvement of Penn Medicine data, analytics, and reporting infrastructure as directed by team leadership.
• Facilitate sharing of best practices across entities, service lines and departments.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Minimum Requirements :
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• 4+ years’ experience in a healthcare setting require.
• Master's Degree (e.g., MHA, MPH, MBA, etc.) preferred.
• Experience in the healthcare industry, ideally with a strong understanding of clinical care delivery, provider financials, and major industry trends impacting health care providers preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Motivated, high-energy individual; anticipates and removes roadblocks to meet deadlines and deliver work products efficiently.
• Strong project management skills and the ability to ‘manage up’ effectively and gracefully; ability to drive multiple projects with overlapping timeframes.
• Can work effectively with a range of business, clinical, and academic leaders.
• Demonstrates innovative approaches in addressing business challenges that have not been solved by more traditional measures.
Additional Information :
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
• Able to translate complex information into simple explanations that everyone can understand.
• Knowledge of /familiarity with national standards for quality, safety and healthcare standards.
• Knowledge of/familiarity with change management, Lean Six Sigma, and process improvement terminology, tools, and process.
• Supervisory experience.
• Able to lead and influence a cross-functional group of leaders to consensus and action.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.