CDI Mammography/X-ray position in Plano, Texas
As a Mammography Technologist, you will perform Mammography exams, Dexa and X-Ray scans for use of diagnosis and treatment of disease or injury to patients of all ages. This position will work at our CDI Independence Center in Plano, TX; which is a multi-modality center. Requires knowledge of principles and procedures of diagnostic radiology and mammography and the operation and maintenance of radiologic equipment to include mammography. This position is full-time working Monday through Friday 8am-5pm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Creates a positive experience for every customer, every day by believing in and practicing The Experience
(60%) Patient Care & Imaging
- On average, this position will spend 60% of Patient Care & Imaging time performing Mammography exams, 30% of time performing x-ray scans, and 10% of time performing Dexa scans.
- Produces diagnostic images in assigned area and performs quality control tasks as assigned.
- Screens patients before exam for any precautions or contradictions pertaining to the examination
- Performs all examinations and scans according to a high quality standard in order to service the patient and referring physician
- Promotes and motivates good customer relations with patients, physicians, visitors, and other company personnel
- Maintains and adjusts equipment
(35%) Department Support
- Participates in staff meetings with employee involvement
- Maintains positive work relationships with radiologists and other physicians referring to the company
- Assists in maintaining an updated radiographic protocol manual
- Accurately maintains patient records within Radiology Information Software
- Maintains an orderly and clean work area to promote good safety habits for patients and co-workers
- Assists with training of new associates, providing resource and technical expertise
(5%) Performs other duties as assigned
- ARRT registered technologist, current and in good standing
- Graduate of the American Medical Association (AMA) approved school of radiography Licensed Radiological Technologist in the appropriate state, if applicable
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Must have training and experience sufficient to competently perform mammography procedures independently
- Advanced modality certification- Mammography
- Must have continuing CEU's in modality as required by MQSA or state specific
- Certified in 3D Tomo Mammography
- Experience with performing DEXA and X-Ray scans
Be a part of something bigger -- join our team in transforming lives through remarkable service. CDI is a national provider network of medical imaging and related services. Through our collection of partnerships, we deliver our trademark customer service and high-quality services to enhance patient care in more than 35 states, offering a wide range of screening, diagnostic and interventional procedures that complement each community's needs.
CDI is an EO Employer/Vets/Disabled.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled