The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. Painter Helper in Portland, Oregon
General Position Summary:
To assist painter/blaster in preparing railcars for final painting or prior to blasting.Touch-up paint prior to presentation of railcar to buyer.
Primary Responsibilities and Training Needs:
- Trained in accordance with job responsibilities and applicable specifications
- Mask (covers) wheels, brakes, axles, trucks and covers, paint railcar, remove cover from wheels, replace worn out lines and guns, and sweep up paint area
- Wrap no-paint, no-blast areas, maintain cleanliness of paint area, and assist in paint kitchen, mix paint and transport paint to different locations.
- Masking tape, wrapping paper, broom, wire brush, paint brush, conventional and airless spray equipment, hand truck
Specific Job Skills:
- Familiar with spray gun, air line (25-50'), spray tips, mill gauge, man lift, respirator
Ability to work in environment of 0-100 degrees in all weather conditions with noise, paint fumes, some hazardous materials and wastes Required Education and/or Experience:
Lift, carry, push and or pull 1- 50 lbs for 1 -- 3 hours per day
- Bend, twist, kneel, walk, climb and reach for 1 -- 6 hours per day
- Sit, stand and walk for 1 -- 8 hours per day
- Able to hold weight of gun in hand for extended period of time
- Must be able to work all shifts
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
The Greenbrier Companies, Inc.