Golder Associates Practice Leader, Geotechnical Engineer - Redmond in REDMOND, Washington
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Senior Level Geotechnical Engineer for the Redmond, Washington office. In this role you will have the opportunity to help lead our growing Geotechnical Practice as part of a team on challenging heavy civil, transportation, and urban development projects throughout the Puget Sound area.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
Interact with clients, engineering firms, developers, public agencies, contractors to develop project opportunities
Help lead project proposal development and lead projects
Perform geotechnical engineering analyses and reporting – including deep foundations, retaining structures, earthquake mitigations, slope stability, and more
Lead small to large size projects
Represent Golder at project team meetings, client events, and professional meetings
The successful candidate will have a background in:
· Puget Sound experience and client relationships
· Design-build experience in transportation and/or development as discipline or task lead
· Foundation design
· LRFD experience
· Numerical Modeling background
· Advanced seismic knowledge
· Dewatering experience
· MS in Geotechnical Engineering
· 15 to 20 years of relevant experience
· Demonstrated successful project management experience
· Registered Professional Engineer - preferred but not necessarily in Washington
· Strong soil mechanics and foundation engineering knowledge
· Excellent communication skills
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
Title: Practice Leader, Geotechnical Engineer - Redmond
Requisition ID: 18001088