SOS International LLC Director for Software Solutions in Reston, Virginia
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
CORPORATE-180806-7394: Director for Software Solutions
Location U.S. - Virginia - Reston
Open Date 8/6/2018
The Director for Software Solutions will be a lead company member for development of software solutions capabilities and to execute architectural responsibilities for SOSi for our Software Solutions Group. The successful candidate will be a lead member of the Technology and Innovation Solutions team as an organizational expert in the software engineering field.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Supports the architecture development of a variety of highly complex platforms that support multiple customer enterprise platforms.
- Performs complex and advanced architecture work in design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation in support of system development, engineering analysis, research, and marketing for one or more programs under the software solutions umbrella.
- Conceptualizes and expresses technical/management solutions verbally, in writing, graphically and via presentations to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Develops and supports cloud migration strategies for customer software platforms. Familiarity with Azure and AWS cloud platforms.
- Supports and/or develops work breakdown structures, schedules, and translation into pricing models.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or related field.
- At least 10 years’ professional work experience in software and systems engineering.
- At least five years’ experience in a senior leadership role with direct budget and personnel management responsibility.
- Certifications in at least one, preferably a minimum of two of the following certifications: CSM, CSP, SA (SAFe Agilist), ITIL, CSSLP, PMP or other similar certifications.
- Significant hands on hands-on experience with several of the following disciplines: software developer, business analyst, project manager, architect (software and/or infrastructure), engineering, security, testing, database (development, design, administration), project management, consulting.
- Considerable experience in several of the following technologies/methodologies: Java, Open Source, Oracle, Oracle, SQL/Server, COTS integration, Enterprise Architecture, Service Bus.
- Strong understanding of Agile, Lean, .NET, SDLC, DevSecOps, Continuous Delivery, Application Lifecycle Management Tools, Lifecycle, Test Automation, and Design Infrastructure.
- Demonstrated knowledge and track-record in successfully supporting winning government proposals.
- Demonstrated track-record of producing creative and innovative software solutions and strategies.
- Exceptional demonstrated verbal communication, presentation, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing skills with focus on Federal government proposal responses. Writing samples may be requested.
- Understanding of at least one government agency (IT implementation, competitive landscape, procurement strategies) and prefer relationships with government contacts that can be leveraged. Preferably Department of State or Homeland Security.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Software engineering experience.
- Experience in technical writing
- Experience in proposal support.
- Experience in the Defense, and Federal Government Services Industry.
- U.S. Government security clearance.
- Normal office working conditions.
- Domestic and international travel.