Brinks Messenger in Rockford, Illinois
Requisition #:25598Location:Rockford IL - B0630
Functional Area:Logistics/TransportationEducation Required:None
Position Type:Relocation Provided:No
Inside every iconic Brink’s truck is a team working for each other, their customers and our historic legacy. Every stop, every customer, every day—matters. We’re working on the front lines of commerce. It’s a responsibility we gladly embrace with independence and empowerment. We do it because it makes us proud. Brink’s Proud.
As a Messenger at Brink’s, you’ll partner with another team member in the safe pick-up and delivery of cash and valuables. You’ll work to ensure every stop runs with precision and professionalism.
Your Role as a Messenger
We’re the backbone of modern finance, transporting high-value goods to banks and businesses with a significant level of responsibility. Our Messengers work in a performance-oriented environment and take ownership of vital work that protects cash liabilities and helps businesses run.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Deliver or pick up valuables at customer locations
• Dispatch personnel to ensure successful transactions
• Remain alert and prepared at all times, not only protecting the crew or premises against attack, but also watching for accidents that could result in a loss
• Reconcile customer deposits and receipts of all valuables handled during daily business
• Other duties as directed
The Skills You Need
We’re looking for professionals who fulfill the promise of our brand. A promise to uphold the integrity of our legacy and embrace our future. A promise to work with authority and confidence. A promise to respect the trust we’ve earned and pay it forward with the work we do. Messengers operate in an armed environment with armored vehicles. A valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record are required.
Additional requirements include:
• At least 21 years of age
• Completion of all Department of Transportation requirements
• A valid firearms permit OR ability to pass applicable firearms licensing requirements
• Guard card OR ability to obtain a guard card or any other required licenses
• Chauffeur’s license OR ability to obtain one (Indiana, Louisiana and Michigan residents only)
• Ability to lift at least 50 pounds and all other essential job functions as measured by the Brink’s Human Performance Evaluation.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you cut from the Brink’s cloth? We prefer candidates with either messenger or professional driving experience. Preference is also given to candidates with protective service or military background.
A Career Worth Building
At Brink’s, we value our team members and offer our Messengers local routes that allow them to spend more time at home. We invest in growth and opportunity by providing world-class training opportunities both locally and globally, such as Brink’s University. We also believe in cross-training our team members in order to ensure diverse skillsets.
Other benefits of building your career at Brink’s include:
• Insurance, including health, dental and life
• 401(k) with company match
• Paid vacation and holiday pay
• A strong, team-oriented culture
• The strength and stability of our 150+ year history
Brink’s is the global leader in security and logistics services, trusted by banks, financial institutions and businesses in both public and private sectors. We deliver the currency of the world to businesses in our communities. We do it because we’re needed. We do it because we’re trusted and valued. We do it because it makes us proud. Brink’s Proud.
Upon completion of the application process, you will receive an email confirming that we have received your application. We will review all candidates and notify all qualified candidates of their status. Thank you again for your interest in a career at Brink’s U.S. For more information about future career opportunities, join our talent network, like our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter.
Brink’s is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or history or any other characteristic protected by law. Brink’s is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top