Citi France CFO and Controller in France
Primary Location: France
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Finance
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 18038760
Country Finance Officer and Controller for France managing the local finance team while working closely with the France/BENELUX cluster controller.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the country management team and the France/BENELUX controllers’ team.
The key to success in this role is ability to coordinate and work efficiently with the various FRSS and CSC teams supporting France from Mumbai, Manila, Warsaw, Budapest, Dublin, London and the U.S.
As G7 economy, France ranks as one of the largest markets in EMEA region for Citi when measured using client revenues. Citi France operates within Corporate Investment Banking, M and A, Advisory, Underwriting, Fixed Income, Equities, FX, Direct Custody Clearing, CTS including Cash and Trade. The country hosts headquarters for some of the key regulatory authorities in Europe; ESMA (European Securities and Markets Authority) and EBA (European Banking Authority).
Citi operates through two legal entities in France;
- Citibank Europe Plc, Paris Branch
The bank chain entity is part of Citibank Europe Plc which is regulated by European Central Bank and deemed a Significant Institution.
- Citigroup Global Markets Ltd Paris Branch
Citigroup Global Markets Ltd Paris Branch is the largest branch of Citi’s London based broker/dealer entity.
- Local Regulatory Reporting and Financial Reporting
o Ensure integrity and accuracy of financial and regulatory reporting for France through sound knowledge over;
• The IFRS and US GAAP Accounting Principles
• Central Bank Reporting
• Geography and Client –views of Reporting
• Participate in Outlook and Planning –process
o Take proactive approach in working together with regional tax team as well as local tax advisors to ensure most optimal outcome when it comes to various tax topics;
• Corporate Income Tax Planning (France and US)
• VAT -reporting
• Compliance with Transfer Pricing regulations and maintaining appropriate documentation
• Maintain and develop excellent relationship with external tax advisors and French tax authorities
- Controls and Governance
o Represent Finance in the committees;
• Act as a trusted member of French local management team and participate in local governance meetings
• Deliver a strong control environment and Managers Control Assessments (MCA)
• Series of Governance Committees (ALCO, LEMC, RRGC, ARF)
• Continuously seek to enhance and strengthen the control environment.
• Support with all internal and external audit reviews
• Ensure compliance with all relevant internal policies
• Contribute to developing top tier finance team and demonstrate a culture of excellence
• Developing and maintaining strong relationships with all internal stakeholders within Finance and business.
• Deliver effective oversight over activities covered from offshored locations
• Be a member of top tier Finance function in one of the world’s leading banks and business partner to country management teams gaining experience working with high performing business professionals, subject matter experts within different disciplines in finance and banking and doing it within global organization.
• As Finance specialist you will get exposure and experience from broad range of business activities, while simultaneously building a strong theoretical and technical knowledge over bank products, accounting, taxation and reporting.
• Within a global organization the candidate gets to interact with finance specialists around the world daily basis, and successful and ambitious candidates can apply internally to another Citi location globally given all necessary criteria’s are met.
CFO, Financial Controller or Finance Senior with extensive knowledge of:
• Financial Reporting (US GAAP and IFRS)
• Regulatory Reporting
• Planning and analysis
• Banking products and financial instruments
Experience with managing offshored activities and liaising with external regulators and auditors
• Professional approach and excellent management, financial control and regulatory reporting skills
• Excellent communication skills with professional and diplomatic approach Reengineering, project management and process change skills
• Ability to engage subject matter experts (internal and external) to address and resolve issues
• Ability to adapt to new technologies quickly
• Strong skills with Microsoft Office applications
• English and French language skills
• Minimum Bachelors’ degree from Finance.
• Chartered Accountant or equivalent preferred
• Qualification with more than 10 years of experience
• An energetic and highly motivated self-starter with an assertive character, a hands-on approach and who aspires to being a key contributor in a dynamic team environment of professionals
• Strong interpersonal and management skills essential
• A pro-active decision maker who has the ability to champion Finance initiatives to successful conclusion
• Displays clear accountability and ownership of issues and who has strong leadership capabilities, with a focus on staff development and the ability to manage of a team of professionals
The role is a ‘Controlled function’ CF as defined by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 and European Central Bank (Single Supervisory Mechanism) Regulations 2014 (and related regulations and guidance).
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime. The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016. Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
• Honesty, integrity and reputation
• Financial soundness
• Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above. This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks. If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer