General Dynamics Information Technology Associate Editor in United States
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
No Active Clearance Required
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Active Clearance Required
GDIT has an exciting opportunity for associate editors within our Health and Civil Group. As part of the Peer Review and Science Management center, associate editors will be part of a team that reviews, edits, and produces deliverable reports and summary statements resulting from the scientific peer review process. Associate editors will edit a variety of documents for various projects for accuracy and correctness of language and style using highly defined procedures and formats. All assignments and work products will be transmitted electronically through proprietary database and management information systems.
This is a part-time, on-call, as-needed position that requires a minimum of 16 hours per week and up to 40 hours per week based upon project workload. This position will allow you to work from your home. Candidates can be located anywhere across the United States.
• Checks basic facts and copyedits documents including, but not limited to, manuals, procedures, specifications, reports, Web content, and summary statements.
• Checks drafts to ensure accurate and consistent spelling, grammar, format, clarity, and overall cohesiveness.
• Ensures that documents meet specified editorial and client specifications and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format, and style.
• Maintains knowledge of current processes, procedures, and style guidelines as directed.
• Reviews rough drafts and makes suggestions.
• Participates in GDIT training via Skype or other designated electronic application programs.
Required: Basic Qualifications
• Strong written communications skills
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience
• 2 to 4 years of relevant editing experience or an appropriate combination of applicable education and experience
• Experience editing using the AMA Manual of Style is strongly preferred; familiarity with other styles, e.g., APA, is desirable.
• Proficiency in the use of information management systems including Internet research, email, and word processing is essential.
• Associate editors must work a minimum of 200 hours per year. Assignments will be delegated as needed and based on project demand, workload, and candidate availability; some tasks must be completed within a 24-hour turnaround. The duration of each assignment varies.
•Prefer a bachelor's degree in English, journalism, or a scientific, health, or medical field
•Experience in scientific/medical editing/writing
•Experience in peer review summary statement editing
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
USA MD Frederick - 110 Thomas Johnson Drive (MDS047)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
THINK NEXT. NOW.
CSRA is tomorrow’s thinking, today. To “Think Next. Now.” is to imagine a better future and to deliver it, today. For our customers, our partners, and ultimately, all the people our mission touches, CSRA is realizing the promise of technology to change the world through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
We understand that our customers' missions require new methods and imaginative thinking. We bring together government IT professionals, emerging technologies, and the brightest, cutting-edge advisors in the industry to deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Everywhere you look, CSRA is there. We’re in our nation’s infrastructure, in training and education, in cyber security, in serving veterans who served us—and, so much more. Take some time to learn more about CSRA. You might be surprised to learn how we touch your life.
We are a company of 18,000+ smart, talented individuals, yet we enjoy a start-up culture that inspires us to make a difference while delivering results in this rapidly evolving world. Join our team and use your skills and expertise to support the safety, security, health and well-being of the nation.