Hatch Mine Area Lead, Electrical in United States
Mine Area Lead, ElectricalApply now »
- Start apply with LinkedIn
Date:Jun 12, 2018
Location:Mississauga, ON, CA
Job Category: Engineering
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
The Mine Area Electrical Lead provides support to the Lead Electrical Engineer and is responsible for supervising a team of electrical engineers and designers to complete the Mine electrical design. The Mine Area Electrical Lead provides leadership and assists in the resolution of technical issues related to the Mine.
• Provide technical leadership and guidance to the engineers and designers working on the Mine electrical design.
• Review and approve Mine Area electrical models and technical deliverables.
• Assist the Lead Electrical Engineer in ensuring that checking of documentation and interdisciplinary coordination is implemented in accordance with project procedures.
• Attend Mine Area weekly coordination meetings on behalf of Electrical.
• Attend Mine Area design reviews on behalf of Electrical.
• Assist the Lead Electrical Engineer with the delivery of project requirements as they relate to scope, cost and schedule.
• Assist the Lead Electrical Engineer to measure progress of engineering work to ensure project budgets and schedules are being met. Assist in the implementation of corrective action as required.
• Assist the Lead Electrical Engineer in the preparation draft monthly engineering progress reports for incorporation into the engineering monthly report.
Qualifications and Experience
• B. Sc. or B. Eng. Degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Registered Professional Engineer with a Provincial or Territorial Association.
• Minimum 10 years of project engineering experience with 5+ years of direct experience in underground mining.
• Good knowledge of electrical design requirements for conventional Potash mining, including electrical distribution for borers, conveyances, ventilation, and hoisting.
• A high degree of understanding of the interdisciplinary dependencies related to mine electrical design.
• Good knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, including the Canadian Electrical Code, CSA M421, and Mining Regulations.
• Good safety awareness.
• Well developed communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
• Good planning and organizational skills.
• Preference will be given to candidates with a broad knowledge of the EPCM model of project delivery including the activities, interfaces and interdependencies of project disciplines (engineering, procurement, construction management, and other project related disciplines).
• Preference will be given candidates with involvement in at least one significant project, similar in size, scope and location as the assignment being considered.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Job Segment:Electrical, Engineer, Law, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Legal, Mining
Apply now »